Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Your eyes they sparkled, that's all changed, it's our lies that drop like acid rain...

The ancient art of lying. Or rather I assume it's ancient. I'm sure people have been lying for many years. I mean, think about it. You don't want to explain what's going on, so you lie 'oh, I'm fine, really.' or 'I'm just really tired'. We didn't do our homework the night before, no problems 'my usb wont work' or 'I'm out of printing credits'

What about when we lie to ourselves though? I don't know about anyone else, but I lie to myself constantly. You lie until you believe it's true. And if you tell yourself the same lie enough times, that is what will happen.

Or when we don't want other people to know we are falling apart. Or when we're under a lot of stress...

The easiest way to cover for yourself, is to lie. We say 'Yes, I'm fine.' or 'Don't worry about me, I have everything under control' Regardless of whether this is the truth or not. It's so much easier to pretend like we don't have a problem, like we aren't under enormous stress, like we aren't falling to pieces... than it is to just open up and tell the truth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment