Wednesday, February 4, 2009

When it comes to how you treat people, be like a gentle wind that refreshes and like a light that brightens their day...

I must ask one thing, why exactly are we a society that speaks but will not listen? Why is it that what everyone else says goes straight over our heads and yet everything we say is the most important thing in the world? And why is it, that in this self centred society of today, everything is always about me, me, me, oh and i dont know... me?

Why is it that hard to care about other people? I mean honestly, when do you talk about someone other than yourself, aside from occassional bitching behind their backs?

You're all talk. But you won't listen. You care about yourself. But only others when you're being a stickybeak. Why is it the life we live today? Why is everyone else's business something we feel the necessity to butt into? And why can't we understand that what is private, is private and just stop bugging people about it?

What if there's more in friendship and community, than there is in self centred isolation?

Sure, we're all still friends. But deep down, everyone cares about number one first. Or would you say thats not true? And when you finally meet someone that you care about more than yourself... More than anyone, ever... What do you do when you can't hold onto them forever?

Why are none of these questions at all easy to answer...?

2 comments:

me. said...

Not everyone is that bad though. It's hard, sure, but I always attempt to put other people above myself. I epic fail sometimes, sure, but usually it's a matter of just listening...

StormGirl53 said...

yes well, most of us do attempt it. however........
well, you knwo the rest :P

Post a Comment