Monday, March 22, 2010

these are the times we'll miss...

the memories i hope will never fade...

So... I was talking to Lauren today during our free. And we were talking about how much everything has changed in a year. And yet at the same time it feels like not much has changed.

A year ago, we were fighting. Pretty massively. We simply were not talking anymore. That is how bad it had all gotten. To the extent where any words exchanged between us where forcibly cold and mean sounding, even if it was something as simple as 'could you pass the sauce?' We made up on Easter Sunday night. I was relieved... I'd missed you.

A year ago, we were broken up. Or maybe we were just getting back together. Honestly I cannot remember. Maybe we'd just gotten back together. Either way... With all the crap that has gone on in my life, that was still one of the top five most devastating things ever to happen to me. All I can say is that I don't know how I would have gotten through the past year without you...

A year ago, you were being flamed. Pretty seriously. It was quite devastating I'm sure. But I suppose you're an example of a person who takes the criticism of others and uses it for personal growth. You're a much happier, better person these days (which is not to say that you werent then, just better now). I'm glad. :D

A year ago, I hated you. Honestly, if I were capable of murdering someone I would have killed you in your sleep. Ok, so maybe I wouldn't have. But I'm pretty serious. I hated you. These days, amazingly, it's not so bad. We actually almost get along most of the time. :O

A year ago... A year ago they were all still here. All those people we've lost in the past year. A year ago we still spoke to each other. A year ago, they were in love. A year ago, you were happy. A year ago, he was one of the most important people in my life. A year ago, it mattered what he had said before he was gone...

A year ago.

We're another year older, a little bit wiser, a little bit stronger than a year ago today...
...another year gone by, all my tears had run dry, life seemed so unkind... a year ago today...

4 comments:

shootingatspiders said...

;)
Well done love, that could have been awkward.
I'm confused as to who some of the 'they's are.
More clues?

StormGirl53 said...

me and lauren talking? nah, the weird thing is it seems so stupid now. like seriously... that was pretty much the stupidest fight anyone has ever had in the history of the whole world... except for maybe mine and branden's "you hang up." 'no you hang up' arguement last night :P

and nope. no more clues. if its directed at you, you'll understand. if not then don't worry about it. lol. ♥

shootingatspiders said...

lol, fair enough
And I didn't mean the conversation with Lauren, I meant your description of my flameriness.

And thats fair enough :)

StormGirl53 said...

lol right. i was like... i want to say this unoffensively cos i don't mean it offensively but knowing me i'll probably stick my foot in it... lol. but yeah, i think you've really grown as a person :D

and yeahhh... i would but nah. the person its directed at gets it and that'll do for now :D

Post a Comment